News and Announcements
Hello Flipper Families,
Let try and make our pre-regional swim meet pasta potluck an annual affair! What’s the 411? We’ll, we all bring a tasty meal to share with our teammates, get our swimmers to load up on some delicious carbohydrates so they can have stellar performances on the weekend!
When: August 1st from 5:30 and on… (senior swimmers are in the pool until 6pm)
Where: Al Anderson Memorial Pool, at the covered picnic area
Contributions: Bring your favourite pasta dish, salad or dessert.
ALSO, let’s try to cut down on waste this year, and bring your own dishes and cutlery.
Sign-up link: https://forms.gle/CFWdusCY9XVKo4ez5
I hope all of you can make it out!
Current potluck items:
- Caesar salad & cookies
- Bread sticks
- Green salad
- Caesar Salad
- Berry rhubarb oatmeal squares
- Pasta salad
- Penne Alfredo
- Mosseroni & Cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Tortellini Alfredo
- Baby Back Ribs
- Garlic bread
- Pasta salad
- Pasta salad
Meet Dates: August 2, 3 & 4
Venue: Centennial Outdoor Pool, 2310 Emerson Street, Abbotsford, BC
Entry Deadlines: The deadline to register for this championship meet is 11:59 pm Tuesday, July 23, 2019 via the parent portal on Active. No late entries, deck entries, or changes will be made, other than scratches. If parents are not sure of their attendance, they are encouraged to sign up their swimmer, and then scratch later.
Volunteer Signup Link: https://vmodcui.active.com/responsive/eventGroups/1585603/jobs
Shift commitment: One shift per day for one swimmer in the family; two shifts per day for 2 or more swimmers in the family.
Shift lengths are varied:
- Crash Desk are 3 hour,
- Deck Officials are by event,
- Timers/recorders are 2 hours on the even hours,
- Meet support (concession, deck food etc.) are 3-4 hour shifts.
Please Note: When breaks occur during your shift, please return to your scheduled shift when the meet resumes.
Families unable to commit: Please find members from your club to cover shifts.
Officials: Please talk with Regional Director of Officials Leah Esplen regarding scheduling.
Crash Desk: Please talk with Craig Longmuir regarding scheduling and then signup online.
Timers & Recorders: Thank you! Please signup online. Regional Championship Shift Signup
Timers please report 5 minutes early for your shift. If timers/recorders have not been replaced within 10 minutes of their end time, please speak with the Head Timer to obtain replacement. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE until replaced.
Timers/Recorders to be a minimum of 16 years old.
The document FV_Regional_Meet_Package_2019_FINAL.pdf was attached to this post.
The Agassiz Harrison Aquanauts swim meet registration is posted!!… and the closing date for sign-up is Sunday, July 7, at midnight.
Deck Entries: Any entry made after July 8, 7 pm.
- Accepted at the discretion of the CMR or designate
- Deck Entry Fee: $10.00 exact cash per entry OR cheque payable to BCSSA-FV (at the time of registration)
- Deck Entry Form: Available in the Crash Desk File Folder.
- Deck Entry Process: Coaches to fully complete the Deck Entry Form including the swimmer ID number, obtain the cash or cheque and then hand into the CMR. Deck Entries not loaded in the meet until form complete and monies are in the CMR’s hand.
- No changing of events and no reseeding and no new heats created for deck entries.
Camping at the Agassiz Recreational Fairgrounds Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your camping questions.
- AHA is charged every day there is a camper or trailer and so we have to pass on that cost. RV etc. parked will be charged the nightly rate depending on where they are parked. Parked near power = power rate.
- At your own risk – Thefts have occurred in the past.
- Per District of Kent: no wheels on the grass. $10.00 per wheel charge & Public Shaming
- $25/night with power hook up for small appliances only.
- $20/night without power hook up.
- All trailers and vehicles must park on the parking lot/ access roadways. Areas will be marked.
Please see the attached map in this meet package.
- Washrooms in the Agricultural Hall will be open during the day.
- Fitness Centre nearby has showers available for a fee.
- Washrooms in the Livestock Pavilion will be open 24 hours a day.
- See Camping Map attached to this meet package
- A fire lane must be maintained at all times
- Straight road: 11-12 feet Clear (no awnings)
- Turning – 16 feet clear (no awnings)
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited in this Public Facility
- No Open flame camp fires permitted
Security Pool Area from 10pm – 5am Friday and Saturday night.
Some fun additions to the AHA meet:
Fun Relay – if you dare
- At the start of finals on Saturday. Winners will receive a prize. Are you prepared?
Belly Flop Contest
- After Sunday preliminaries, Travis Neil in Charge. From Diving Blocks; $10.00 entry fee for Non BCSSA members. Winner based on form, velocity and noise.
Saturday Post Meet Fun
- Saturday evening, beside skate park, Travis Neil in charge. Bring your sponges, buy them at the silent auction table. NO water balloons.
- Hay! When you hear the Moooo; the heat on or approaching the blocks is in a race for the prize.
Double Digit Prizes
- Double digits (33 or 66 or 44 etc) in your race means a fun prize
The document AHA_Meet_Package_July_2019.pdf was attached to this post.
The Chilliwack Stingrays swim meet registration will be posted shortly… and the closing date for sign-up is Sunday, June 30, at midnight.
Please note a couple changes to Chilliwacks annual meet:
- This year we are holding our meet at the Landing Leisure Center located at 9145 Courbould Street, Chilliwack.
- On Saturday we are introducing a coaches relay. Time for your clubs coaches to show off their stuff!! We highly encourage cheering, costumes, and creativity.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, Lindsay, at email@example.com
The document Chilliwack_Stingrays_Meet_Package_2019_pdf__2.pdf was attached to this post.